Healthy Nesta is back!


Boca Juniors v AC Milan --- FIFA Club World Cup Final

Alessandro Nesta is confident that his injury nightmare is over and he cannot wait to start playing again.

The Italian sweeper missed the whole of last season due to a series of niggling injuries which threatened to end his career prematurely.

However, the giant defender has managed to overcome the injuries and is currently involved in pre-season training with his club, AC Milan.

Speaking to Milan Channel, Nesta said: "I did the first few training sessions and I feel good," he said, "I think and hope I have recovered from last season's problems.

"I've managed to give continuity to my work, I've worked a lot, the real test comes now when we leave for the United States, with many matches close together. But my pains have gone away, I'm confident.

"This year is very important for me, from many points of view. I have to understand my situation well, and understand what my future holds. I am confident and think it will be a positive year."

Nesta also refuted claims that he was close to hanging up his boots.

"Initially it bothered me, but in the end it brought me luck. I've had other heavy injuries in my career and always came back. I've done it this time again."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB