Pav: Zhirkov will be a Prem hit


Netherlands v Russia - Euro 2008 Quarter Final

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko his tipped fellow Russian Yuri Zhirkov to be a hit in England.

Left-back Zhirkov has joined Chelsea from CSKA Moscow in an £18million move - a deal confirmed by new Chelsea Carlo Ancelotti yesterday.

The 25-year-old is expected to complete his transfer after passing a medical and finalising personal terms today and Pavlyuchenko believes his Russia team-mate will be a big success in England.

"It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer and you have to say yes," said Pavlyuchenko.

"Zhirkov is a great professional. He could become a team leader. The only problem is his knowledge of the English language. If he masters that, all will be well."

Meanwhile, Adel Taarabt is desperate to leave Tottenham and has pleaded with manager Harry Redknapp not to price him out of a move.

The striker has struggled since joining from Lens for £3.5million in 2007 and although Malaga want him on loan ahead of a permanent deal Redknapp has blocked the move.

"The manager said if I want to leave it has to be a permanent transfer," said Taarabt.

"I said there are clubs that want me, but you're asking for five or six million euros when you could sell me for three million. If I went for one season I could showcase my talent."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB