Drogba: I still feel young at heart


Manchester United v Chelsea - FA Community Shield

Drogba: I still feel young at heart

Didier Drogba has promised to "enjoy being on the pitch" and play for as long as he thinks he can.

The 31-year-old recently signed a new Chelsea deal to squash rumours of a move out of Stamford Bridge.

And now the Ivory Coast international has vowed to treasure every moment he is playing football.

"I have only been playing at a high level since I was 25 so, in my head, I still feel young. I don't know how long I can continue playing but, for me, the most important thing is to enjoy being on the pitch," said Drogba.

"Maybe I do look happy now and that I know what I am doing - but I knew what I was doing, even last year. I knew what I was doing and I told you that and that is why I am here, with Chelsea.

"I am feeling good. I want to play and I am really happy to be on the pitch and to have my team-mates. I want to give people a good season."

Although Drogba is considered one of the Premier League's most feared strikers, he insists he can still improve his game by cutting out mistakes and improving his ball retention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB