"No one thinks Arsenal can win"


Robin van Persie


Robin van Persie wants to become the best player in the world while donning Arsenal colours.

The Dutch striker has been rumoured to be on the target list of many top European giants but he insists that his only aim is to help Arsene Wenger's team win titles.

Speaking to News of the World, "I'm not in negotiations with any other club - just Arsenal," explained the striker.

"I want to become the best player in the world. My career will only be a success when I consider myself the best. Anything less won't do."

He also maintained his belief that the young Gunners can achieve success if everyone stays fit.

"I see the potential at Arsenal. We have to do it. One fact which aggravates me is that in the five years I've been at Arsenal, we've won exactly the same number of trophies as I did at Feyenoord - ONE - that's not enough. When I arrived here, Arsenal were winning trophies for fun," he said.

"But, if everyone is fit, we have a heck of a team and it's up to me to ensure we go out and win these trophies."

Wenger has been scrutinised for his refusal to bring in experienced players with his emphasis focused on buying unpolished gems at a young age and grooming them into superstars.

Club captain Cesc Fabregas amongst many other players have all expressed their concern over the club's future and another barren season could see a mass exodus of Arsenal stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB