Materazzi thrilled with new deal


Torino v Inter - Serie A


Inter Milan defender Marco Materazzi has expressed his delight at being handed a contract extension till 2012.

Materazzi's deal was set to run out next summer but Inter have rewarded the former Italy international for his solid performances in recent seasons.

"Now I can officially say that I will be a Nerazzurro player for life because I have signed the contract," said Materazzi, who will turn 36 next month.

"I could not go on holiday any more satisfied.

"I have extended my contract until June 2012, hence, until the end of my career.

"It was something that I had desired since I became an Inter fan and a Nerazzurro player.

"Now I only want to try to win everything that is possible in Italy and hopefully in Europe."

The World Cup-winning defender joined Inter in 2001 and has made 245 appearances for the Nerazzurri, helping them to four consecutive Serie A titles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB