Kolo Toure: My best is yet to come


Kolo Toure


New Manchester City signing Kolo Toure believes he has yet to reach his peak after completing his move from Arsenal.

The 28-year-old has signed a four-year contract after free-spending City agreed a fee of a reported £15million with the Gunners.

Toure joined Arsenal as a largely unknown 20-year-old from ASEC Mimosas in 2002, but now moves to City as an accomplished defender with Champions League experience and 70 caps for Ivory Coast.

"It is always difficult to leave a place where you have spent the last eight years and had good times but I felt the time was right for a new challenge and I am still at an age, 28, where I feel I am at my peak and will play my best football," Toure told City's website.

"For me it was time to move but only for the right club and I feel that Manchester City is that club. The ambition here is clear to see and is big. Everyone knows this club is moving and that is really, really important.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB