Lucio hungry for European glory


USA v Brazil - FIFA Confederations Cup Final


Internazionale's new Brazilian defender, Lucio, has his eyes set on the Champions League.

The giant defender moved from Bayern Munchen to join Jose Mourinho's side and has since signalled his intent at becoming European champion with his new club.

Speaking at his first press conference as an Inter player, Lucio declared: "I have arrived in a great club,

"A club that has a great desire to win, just like me. Here at Inter there is a strong squad with great champions.

"The Champions League? It's everyone's objective, not just mine. In this aspect, my team mates and I think the same way. The Champions League should be an objective for Inter because this club is important on a European level, but let's not forget we will be facing similarly prestigious opponents who have our same objective."

He also made known his knowledge of the Italian game and claimed that it is a difficult league to play in.

"I know Serie A, even though I've never played in it.

Having faced Italian teams before I know that I will face very tactical games, and I will need my intelligence to adapt to such a difficult league."

Lucio will fight for a spot in central defence with Argentine, Nicolas Burdisso and Columbian defender, Ivan Cordoba.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB