Lyon hunt down Vieira


Netherlands v France - Group C Euro 2008

Lyon have declared an interest in bringing Inter Milan midfielder Patrick Vieira to the Stade Gerland.

The future of the France captain at Inter is shrouded in doubt, with Vieira no longer a first-team regular at the Italian champions.

Some reports suggest Inter coach Jose Mourinho is ready to offload Vieira this summer and if that was the case, the midfielder is likely to return to France.

Lyon, the deposed French champions, would be interested in signing him, according to the club's president Jean-Michel Aulas.

"This season, (coach) Claude Puel regretted not having a leader," Aulas told French newspaper Le Progres.

"Patrick has this charisma that can create the conditions for Lyon to be more ambitious.

"For this reason, he is one of the players who can interest Lyon."

Vieira, who turns 33 this month, admits getting some game time ahead of next summer's World Cup is a must.

"I still have a year left on my contract and I count on seeing it out. But if my coach at Milan was to say to me that he no longer wanted me, I would leave the club," he said.

"Paris St Germain, Lyon can be good challenges. What's important for me is to play before the World Cup. It will be a sporting decision."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB