Zhirkov prefers Barca over Chelsea and AC Milan


Russia v Netherlands - International Friendly Match

Yuri Zhirkov has admitted that he would love nothing more than a move to Barcelona, despite the recruitment of Roman Abramovich.

Zhirkov had earlier stressed that he has no offers from any clubs currently, but would like one from the club he wants to go to.

Chelsea look to be winning the race for the CSKA Moscow winger, but the Nou Camp is where Zhirkov wants to be.

"I would prefer to join Barcelona, but that does not automatically mean I would turn down Chelsea," he explained in Sport Express. "I should stress again that there is a difference between playing for a club and sitting on the bench. If I had to sit on the bench, I wouldn't even want to join Barcelona."

"I am still yet to receive any specific offers."

Zhirkov is also rumoured to be a target of AC Milan, but the 25-year-old would still prefer Barcelona over the Rossoneri as well.

"It would depend on the contract," he continue. "With all else being equal, I would perhaps go to Barcelona because it is a city I like very much and I have friends there."

"However, we are talking about something that is a long way from reality right now."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB