New Panathinaikos Signing Djibril Cisse Impressed By Fan Support

Djibril Cisse has spoken for the first time since signing for Panathinaikos and has revealed that he is impressed by the support at the Greek club.

Cisse's move from Marseille to Panathinaikos was confirmed this morning in a deal reportedly worth around €8 million.

The Frenchman has signed a four-year deal with the club and told the press that he is looking forward to the support and love from the fans.

"I was impressed by Panathinaikos' fans. I have never lived something like that. I feel the need to be loved and I lived this yesterday. I promise to do my best," Goal.com's Greek edition report him as saying.

"I'm familiar with some of the players I'll get to play with, like Gilberto Silva and Giorgos Karagounis as both are very well known in Europe. I'm confident that we will reach our goals and will play in Champions League."

As well as going onto assure that he is there to score goals, Cisse also revealed that "in my first match in the Greek championship I'll dye my hair green".

"I'm here to score in every game. I usually score, and in the derbies. I don't know the Greek league very well, however, I have played in the past against Panathinaikos and Olympiakos," he said.

"Now I'm heading to England to finish up that last details of my transfer and I'll return back next week."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB