Portugal U21 v Italy U21 - Olympic play-off

Trez to stay, Rossi move unlikely

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has invited speculation by stating that his club are interested in Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi.

Reports in the Italian press earlier linked the young Italian international with a move to Juventus, with director Alessio Secco believed to have initiated negotiations for a swap deal involving David Trezeguet.

However, with Trezeguet claiming this morning that he wanted to stay at the Stadio Delle Alpi, the chances of Rossi arriving as well seem unlikely.

Speaking to Tuttosport, Trezegol, as he is fondly known, said he is hoping to stay in Turin and play a big role for his side.

"I know that my last season was poor due to the injury and surgery that sidelined me for a long time, but I am now healed and feel okay. I can't wait to be a protagonist at Juve again."

"I have two years left on my contract with the Bianconeri and I know that the directors have said that I am unsellable and part of the club's history."

Gigli too has said that the Rossi move is dependent on the striker's price as well as the wishes of Trezeguet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB