Maxi Rodriguez dismisses Spurs talk


Barcelona v Atletico Madrid - La Liga


Atletico Madrid’s Argentine captain Maxi Rodriguez has rejected rumours that he will move to White Hart Lane.

Rodriguez insisted that he is happy with los Colchoneros, despite talks that Tottenham are interested in his services.

English press reports said Harry Redknapp was keen to acquire the midfielder's services, but Rodriguez has rejected claims that he will leave Atletico.

"I am very, very happy here. When I arrive for pre-season I will do what the club wants me to," Maxi told Marca.

"I do not care about the rumours regarding my possible exit. I am confident in my position and I am going to play."

"I still have a year with Atleti, but after that you have to see what happens."

The Argentine's current deal with Atletico expires in 2010, and the club have not yet moved to offer him an extension.

However, it seems likely that he will remain at the Vicente Calderon for at least another season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 soccer-transfers-news | by TNB